Location & Direction
Powai B & B homestay or studio cottage
Powai accommodation is located on the Oneriri Peninsula, 15 min’s west of Kaiwaka. Hidden in the heart of rural New Zealand country side, on the Kaipara … the perfect escape …
Kaiwaka is known as “the little town of lights”; local residents, churches and businesses have decorated their property with charming lights. The town has a delicious Italian Bakery, also the famous Dutch cheese shop, “The Kaiwaka cheese shop” specialising in goods from Holland, Dutch cheeses, wine and specialty foods. The town also has an Indian restaurant ; The Three Furlongs Bar & Grill, also Mormors and Café Bianca.
Powai Lodge is close to an all-tide public boat ramp for those who would like to fish the Kaipara, excellent for snapper and flounder.
Take a leisurely kayak around the bays, watch a DVD, listen to your favourite CD, read a book, take a walk or simply relax. Enjoy the perfect escape! Powai!
Powai may not be the easiest property to find, because it’s hidden at the end of a 200 meter tree lined private roadway.
- From the Auckland harbour bridge the easy drive to Kaiwaka should take 75 minutes along State Highway 1.
- When you pass the Post office and Italian Bakery at Kaiwaka (on your left) proceed 50m, then turn left into Oneriri Rd, just before the bridge.
- Drive 10.7km along Oneriri Rd, then turn right into Rangiora Rd.
- No 158 is 1.5km along Rangiora Rd, on your right.
- Proceed down road way and follow the signs, veering left